[Blgspops] Rehearsal dates - schedule adjustments!

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Wed Nov 9 17:49:58 CST 2016

	Greetings everyone!

	So, I'll be leaving Billings next week on Wednesday and won't be back
until Monday Dec 5. I have to go help take care of my mother back
East. She is not doing bad, but can't be left alone right now. MUCH
cheaper to fly me out than to hire a service! :-)

	And, John has a trip scheduled as well for next week.

	We are also booked for a performance at the West Park Village
retirement facility on Dec 8.

	This means a couple of things - one, we need to get our Christmas
music pulled and worked on, and two, Randy will be conducting us next
week.

	For the revised schedule, we have this:

	November 10 - regular rehearsal, hand out Christmas music. We NEED to
work on the Battle Hymn and Stars and Stripes numbers with John
conducting.

	 Christmas Music: Christmas Waltz

	 We Wish You A Merry Christmas - Carol Critelli arrangement

	 Christmas Sing-A-Long compilation from a couple of years ago, starts
with 'Angels we have heard on high', taken from various choir booklets
John has

	 Holiday Favorites

	I'll have copies of these pieces but if you have a copy from before,
please bring it! I think I am missing some parts for both the Carol
Critelli piece and the sing-a-long.

	November 17 - regular rehearsal, Randy conducting, Julie M will
open/close the rehearsal hall. She'll also have the copies of music I
will give her the week before. Work on the Christmas music if
possible.

	November 24 - Thanksgiving Day. NO rehearsal - everyone enjoy the
holiday!

	December 1 - regular rehearsal, John conducting, Julie M will
open/close the rehearsal all. Work on the entire concert, with
Christmas music substituting for some of the pieces (decide on that
order!)

	December 8 - performance at West Park Village.

	We will take our holiday break after this, since everyone gets so
busy for the second half of December.

	2017 - starting up again!

	January 5 - regular rehearsal

	January 12 - dress rehearsal

	January 19 - concert

	This also means that we will need to start promoting the concert NOW!
I'll have the concert write-up this week at rehearsal, for anyone who
wants a copy for their church or school or work newsletter or bulletin
board.

	Jacquie Ziegler

	President