[Blgspops] Current (revised) concert play list

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Sat Oct 29 12:48:48 CDT 2016

	So, with the concert date being pushed back to January 19, we have
more time to work on

	all the pieces.

	Here is the current (revised) play list:
 My America (Potential add - need clarinet, Zoe [bassoon] says she can
play clarinet on this one)

  Go West      1812 Overture (Themes) – Short Version, arranged by
Andrew Balent       Battle Hymn of the Republic       The Stars and
Stripes Forever {may move this one to the second half, depending on
overall tempo}
       Aura Lee
 Raffle List:

 Chopstix Variations (we may do this one regardless, as we came up
with some funny stuff to start it with)

 A Cheerful Earful

 Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

  {Still possible to add to this list, have four other pieces copied
and ready to work on if needed}

 Back to the program:

    Irving Berlin’s America       Variations on a Shaker Melody
       Ashokan Farewell {maybe move this one to the first half and put
Battle Hymn here}
    Largo (‘Going Home’ from the New World Symphony)       God
Bless America
 I know I need to make copies of a few things, and will have those on
Thursday - if anyone other than Alma (Piano) and 2nd Violins needs
copies, please let me know soon!

 Thanks, all, and see everyone this Thursday! As always I'll have the
doors open by 6:30 pm and we would REALLY like to start playing at 7!

  Jacquie
 President