[Blgspops] Sunken Cathedral (0r Engulfed Cathedral)

Julie Methot j.methot at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 23:40:00 CDT 2016

I KNEW I'd heard it with full orchestra - there's a Stokowski arrangement!
Debussy orch. Stokowski 'The Engulfed Cathedral' - Geoffrey Simon conducts

|   |    |

|    |
Debussy orch. Stokowski 'The Engulfed Cathedral' - Geoffrey Simon c...
 Leopold Stokowski's orchestration of Debussy's piano prelude 'La Cathedrale Engloutie' is here p...  |   |

It's not on the usual music sites, but then again, we don't have the cast of hundreds that he had for this!
The original piece is for piano:
Debussy - La cathédrale engloutie

|    |
Debussy - La cathédrale engloutie
 "The Submerged Cathedral" or "The Sunken Cathedral" by Claude Debussy. Played by François-Jo...  |   |

I'm willing to work on the orchestration if we're willing to play it!

Julie M