[Blgspops] Fall season calendar and music info

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Sep 2 20:54:27 CDT 2016

	Greetings to everyone!

 I was hoping for a bigger turnout last night, but there were enough
people to make some decisions.

	First, thanks again to John for letting us invade his backyard to
hold the potluck. As always a very pleasant area - the mint along the
walkway was very fragrant!

	So, new and old officers for this coming year:

	Jacquie Ziegler President

	Julie Methot Vice President

	Julie Solberg Treasurer

	Joan Sorenson Secretary

The outgoing treasurer, Linda Fiene, will coordinate with Julie
Solberg on changing the signature cards during September.

 For September, John will not be able to conduct but both Julie M and
Randy Grow are happy to step in and help with directing the music
picked by the committee.

	The theme chosen was Americana, with John ordering new music for four
pieces. Three are in and one is on back-order. Adding in items from
our library, we have a preliminary concert list (NOT in concert
order!) of the following:

	What's Up at the Symphony

	God Bless America - on back-order

	Stars and Stripes Forever

	1812 Overture

	Battle Hymn of the Republic

	Ashokan Farewell

	Applachian Spring - also 'Shaker Melody' but seems to be missing from
the library.

	Go West

	We are likely to add to this list, at least a couple of items, before
the end of September.

 The other thing that we all decided on was our concert schedule.
Because of the theme and the calendar, our fall concert will be
November 10th, at the church, with a start time of 7 pm. The next day
is Veteran's Day, so it will be a Veteran's Appreciation Concert. This
will also be a fundraiser concert for us, so there will be two things
happening. One will be selling tickets for the concert and the other
will be raffling off a few things. The concert ticket will
automatically be one raffle ticket, and if people want to buy more
raffle tickets they can do that, too. The pricing discussed was
initially $8 for adults, $5 for under 18, free for under 6, with
additional raffle tickets being $1 each. It was decided to keep it
simpler - $5 for adults, 12 and under free and additional raffle
tickets $1.

 Julie S is in charge of the items for raffle and Julie M is going to
be working on getting info into the various newspapers and TV and
radio stations, with assistance gratefully accepted from anyone who
has ideas.

	Other than that, a big shout-out to Judith Burnham's husband who did
a great job cooking the burgers - he even toasted buns on John's
grill!

	I won't be at the church on Sept 8, but Julie M will be
opening/closing the church for me. After that, I'll be there every
Thursday evening.

	So, calendar looks like this:

	Rehearsals every Thursday starting Sept 8 through our concert on Nov
10.

	Nov 17 one rehearsal on christmas/holiday music

	Nov 24 Thanksgiving - no rehearsal

	Dec 1 play at a nursing home or assisted living facility

	Dec 8 play at a nursing home or assisted living facility

	Holiday break after that through mid-January, then start up again on
Jan 19, 2017.

	Music Committee will meet sometime in January to work on music for
the spring

	concert - suggested already that we do a 'water' theme to incorporate
Handel's Water Music

	That's it for now!

	Jacquie

	President