[Blgspops] Music Committee meeting report and potluck reminder

Jacquie Ziegler shauna.baroness at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:06:03 CDT 2018

Greetings to everyone!

The music committee met last evening, August 30. We are planning for the
following performances:

Thursday November 8 (Nov 11 is Sunday and 100th anniversary of the end
of World War One) at the church:
     L'Arlesienne, Armed Forces Salute, Military Symphony,
Carmen:Changing of the Guard and Irving Berlin's America

December as possible (date to be determined by when the church is not
available):
Christmas nursing home concert, possibly with the Corelli Concerto and
the Christmas songs.

January (late, possibly the 24th?) for the Head Start children's concert
     Carnival of the Animals, and possibly something from Pictures at an
Exhibition by Mussorgsky.

Our Spring Concert, probably in middle to late May:
     Albinoni Concerto in F for Two Oboes (Op 9 No 3) with guest artist
Sue Logan
     Ode to Joy
     Pictures at an Exhibition

July Model T Banquet - we are playing during the banquet (third weekend
in July) so we can play whatever we want, really.  Pieces to be determined.

Some of these are new pieces and some are in our library already. The
plan is to practice all the pieces for the January Head Start concert
during the fall along with the Fall items. This way we can have a couple
of Jan rehearsals to fine-tune the Head Start pieces without feeling
like we are trying new stuff too quickly.

The Spring Concert should be a serious fund raiser as well - this will
be discussed further next week at the potluck and annual business
meeting at John's. Thursday the 6th of Sept at 6 for food, 7 for the
meeting. John will have the burgers, everyone else is encouraged to
bring side dishes.

I'll put out another potluck reminder after this weekend.

Everyone enjoy the holiday and stay safe!

Jacquie Ziegler
President/Flute