[Blgspops] Spring fundraiser

Julie Methot j.methot at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 03:07:16 CDT 2019

Good morning, orchestra!
    It's been suggested that bake sales may not be everyone's first choice for a fundraiser. In the past, we've had some success with quilt raffles. Now I'm not the handiest with a needle - I can sew a button if I must- but I've found some quilts and blankets online that might serve. I could buy one or more of these to be raffled off this spring.
I've enclosed pictures.    Let me know if you like this idea. Would you also be willing to sell tickets before the next concert? Does anyone have an idea they like better?

We depend on our fundraisers for things like:New music - this is a big expense! Look at a music catalog sometime....
Printing costs- posters and programs
Fees for keeping our nonprofit status (granted, these are small)Donations to the church annually to thank them for free - essentially- use of the facilities.(We should probably also be giving John Baber some compensation for his ink and paper, as we make many copies on his machine.)
Let's put our heads together and think of a way to raise a bit of money for our favorite orchestra!

Julie Methot