[Blgspops] Thursday -place and times

Jacquie Ziegler shauna.baroness at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:09:50 CST 2019

The building is at 511 Custer. There is a parking lot behind the former
Holy Rosary church - accessible from 5th if you turn South from
Broadwater and take the alley. The main doors face Custer to the south
of the building, and there is a good-sized flight of stairs leading up
to the entrance. We'll be straight back at the end of the room, where
there is a raised stage area. The acoustics are really pretty good, we
found out, and the upright piano should be available (Margaret is
double-checking on this).

We should be able to go around the back of the playing area - there are
some rooms back there where we put our coats and cases last year.

The concert itself is scheduled like this:

The Eckroth representative is going to show up around 5:15 pm to set up
the 'instrument petting zoo'. He has requested help from anyone who
feels like they can assist young kids (remember, the target audience is
3 and 4 years old) with this display/exhibit. So, if you want to help
with that, plan on being there by 5:30 pm to 5:45 pm so you can get set
up and still assist him.

The doors will open at 6 pm, and we should be able to start playing
between 6:30 pm and 6:45 pm - this time is a little fluid as it depends
on how popular the petting zoo is and how quickly we can get folks into
chairs and the kids seated on the floor to listen.

Please try and be at the building - 511 Custer - by 6. We can be setting
up and warming up our instruments while the petting zoo is running, as
the sound won't be an intrusion, but we do need to be ready to go by
6:30 if possible.

This is a SHORT concert, since the attention span of the kids is not
long - and they will be doing things like marching around with lion
masks and generally being pretty active during the whole thing.

After we finish playing, if the Eckroth representative wants to have the
petting zoo run again, we'll do that. There will also be cookies and
lemonade for treats afterwards, so I expect that there will be a lot of
mingling around between the snacks and the instruments.

Margaret expects we'll be done playing by 7:30 and out of the building
completely by 8 or so - this last depends on how much time the zoo and
snacks portion after we play will take.

Final info in the next message!

Jacquie