[Ek_fiber] Moving forward and some questions

Lois Perry perrylj at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 21 14:28:25 CDT 2005

Hello Sarah

I don't thing we should worry much about how the guild will be set up or
how it will function until we have more members but we should have some
idea of what we will cover. Do we want to include things like costuming,
sewing, knitting, quilting, basketry - all fibre arts or fibre
activities. Or are we going to concentrate on the beginnings of fibre -
fibre preparation, spinning, weaving, and dyeing. We could try to
include all fibre related activity and be a general guild but it is good
to have some idea of what to put in the announcement.

The East Kingdom page has a good list of locations.
http://www.eastkingdom.org/branches.html

If we divide it amongst us to take the responsibility for sending the
announcement to the groups, the work will go quickly and we should get
pretty good coverage. If all are in agreement I will do the Northern
Shores area. I belong to most of the lists here or have a contact I can
get hold of to send it out. We should try to include the announcement in
any of the local newsletters we know as well.

Sarah: I am fairly good at editing and well look over your announcement
for you if you like. Just let me know so I will be sure to check my mail

Branwen