[Ek_fiber] Moving forward and some questions

Lois Perry perrylj at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 23 11:00:22 CDT 2005

If we are an EK Guild we will have some obligation to the crown, but I
am hoping it will be a small one. In very guild I belong to, gifts to
the crown, regalia and favours take up a large part of the guilds work.
I would prefer to do thing that  teach us about fibre, the use of fibre,
how to research and documentation. Teaching and ways of spreading
knowledge are things I want to learn too.

Sarah: I like your idea of the use of the subject line. We should put it
into practice now so the newcomers will catch on. Maybe we can use
general or admin. for e-mails regarding guild structure or general info.

One of the problems we need to address is the size of the kingdom. East
Kingdom covers a large area. If we are truly going to be a kingdom guild
we need to have activities that will include all the guild members in
all the districts. So many of our EK guild only have activities in one
or two districts or a central location that never changes making to very
difficult for the outlying districts to participate in guild activity.
An event that travels the districts instead of staying in one place
would work. Chapters in each of the districts would reduce the size to
more manageable bite and spread guild activity better that having one
central location and the use of the computer to do activities would
bring everyone closer together.

Branwen