[Ek_fiber] Announcement and Hi Griet

Sarah Fiedler sarah.fiedler at gmagroup.com
Wed Jun 22 11:01:47 CDT 2005

First off, welcome to the fold, Griet :)

Here is proposed text for an announcement:

discussing the creation of a fiber guild for the East Kingdom.

The guild, at this point, is intended to be a haven for folks interested in
wool and flax and other fibers but also an intersection of all fiber related
activities including, but not limited to: fiber prep, spinning, dyeing,
weaving, knitting, naalbinding, embroidery, and any other things people did
with string in the middle ages.  After all, it's fine to make yarn and
string but it's even finer to make something from that yarn or string.

There are, of course, guilds and associations of people who have dedicated
their time to focusing intently on some of these disciplines.  It is not our
intention to take away from those groups already formed but to provide a
bridge to other areas of interest.  Several people have researched the
existence of Kingdom guilds and have found none that fit this niche. If we
have missed the existence of a similar group, we certainly mean no
disrespect.

Please forgive us if, in our excitement to get the word out, you receive
this notice many times.

The list resides at the graciously donated domain of Robin Gallowglass.  If
you would like to subscribe and join in the preliminary discussions, follow
this link:

We hope you find the fiber craft support and fellowship that may have been
lacking before.

__________________________
end of announcement.

Comments, adjustments, stuff?
Sarah

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sarah Fiedler
Account Supervisor
The GMA Group, Inc.
1011 Route 22, Bldg. B, Suite 2