[Ek_fiber] Re: Ek_fiber Digest, Vol 1, Issue 12

Munson,Jennifer N. MUNSONJN at airproducts.com
Thu Jun 23 15:02:45 CDT 2005

	Can someone point me towards a drawing of a flax strick? I have
been doodling and need one to look at. Would flax on a distaff be
acceptable?

	Sure! Come over to my house and I'll show you several! OK, that
won't work for today. :(

	There are pictures of distaves on my webpage (very large images,
takes forever to load):

	http://fibers.destinyslobster.com/Spinning/spinpics.htm

	Does anyone have Markham's _The English Housewife_ and access to
a scanner? Page 157 has some textile tools from Randle Holme, The
Academy of Armory. OR if someone or their local herald has a copy of the
CD version of the Academy of Armory (I searched online and found it's
$75... surely some herald or other geek in the kingdom has picked one
up)... look for distaff, swingle, flax brake, wool bales, spindle, reel,
hackle, wool comb... they're all in there!

	I'll keep looking online.............

	 I would be happy to help with guild work here in the Southern
Region.

	The Southern Region does not usually seem to suffer any lack of
Guild activities. But the more the merrier!  :D

	AnneLiese

	(Southern Region... as is Sarah... and Carowyn... and AEllin)