[Ek_fiber] Re: Badge

Gabrielle263 at aol.com Gabrielle263 at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 10:06:38 CDT 2005

Greetings,

First, my intro: I'm Gabrielle, currently living in Eisental, and have been a
textile geek for as long as I've been in the SCA (mumble mumble years, but
when I joined Dynasty was on TV, Duran Duran was on the radio, and there was no
such thing as the Internet). I'd always wanted to spin, I'm an OK knitter, but
I got rather wrapped up in the embroidery thing for several years instead,
which is what my laurel's in. After that, though, I bought a wheel without
knowing how to use it, and started spinning for fun. Right now I'm mostly spinning
and knitting for mundane projects, but I've got a long-term period
spinning/knitting project in the works that will be started as soon as I find the time to
begin spinning the fiber.

Second, a question/thought: rather (or in addition to) a badge for the group,
maybe we could have  livery of some kind, something that is unique but that
will distinguish us--say, hand knitted caps in the same color, for instance? I
think it would be a cool individual project, and then we can identify one
another at 50 paces at every event . . . .:)

Cheers,
Gabrielle