[Ek_fiber] Introduction and Badge Idea

East Kingdom Chatelaine angharadoftherose at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 07:39:19 CDT 2005

Greetings to the List-

My name is Angharad and I'm a string geek.  :)  I mostly do fingerloop braiding and kumihimo, but have an addiction to knitting.  I've started doing period knitting (I mostly do modern stuff, especially socks, and this weekend discovered I have enough sock yarn for another 16 pairs not counting the hold on six more balls at my LYS, but I don't have a problem, I can stop any time).  I've done a pair of hose and I'm working on an Elizabethan flat cap and a second pair of hose.  I'm also in the midst of researching the Carnamoyle Stocking (see Dress in Ireland for a pitiful amount of information).  I'm also the founder and Guildmistress of the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers of the East Kingdom.

As far as the badge goes, how about just a ball of yarn?  The narrowworkers use a skein of purple string as a badge, but something similar might work.  (And our isn't registered because we can't document the word narrowworker.)

Angharad