[Ek_fiber] Another Intro

silveroak at juno.com silveroak at juno.com
Tue Jun 28 19:41:01 CDT 2005

Greetings!

>My current fiber project is knitting as close a reconstruction as I >can get to of the Elenora of Toledo stockings. I'm getting on well >with the wool version but am preparing for a silk pair as that was >the original construction material.

Wait...didn't I talk to you at Landsknecht at Murdoch's (sp?) booth?  (sorry about the spelling, my brain *will* revert to the TV show "MacGyver" when I try to spell his name...)

You have some *awesome* research, and I can't wait till the pattern's worked out - I don't think you met Isabel, and her Spanish persona is just begging for a pair of those stockings!!  Do you happen to know if it was reeled or spun silk, what thickness of thread (or was it yarn?), and what color? For Isabel, I'll do it myself!

Which reminds me...I don't know how to reel silk yet, so let's get together somewhere and have fun with silk, please?

-Carowyn, who will get pictures of her gold-wrapped embroidery thread on the web today if work calms down (ha)