[Ek_fiber] Hat trick

Gabrielle263 at aol.com Gabrielle263 at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 10:47:51 CDT 2005

In a message dated 6/28/05 10:45:34 PM, tasha_medvedeva at yahoo.com writes:

<< What's wrong with finding out what similar guilds did

in period, and then doing that? >>

You know, SCA guilds don't have to have an "official" badge that's approved
by the college of heralds. We might think about something very, very
simple---and something that works for everyone, say, a pouch made with hand-dyed wool in
a specific "guild" color, like saffron yellow, madder red, or indigo blue.
Might make a fun First Gathering--we all dye a couple of yards of fabric (maybe
also some handspun) the same color, and each member gets a piece of the
fabric. That way, each member can make whatever she/he wants, so it works with every
persona and is still an identifier for the guild.

Just a  precoffee thought,
Gabrielle