[EKStationers] Greetings

Raffaella raffaella_dvpn at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 14:24:58 CDT 2005

Hello! It was great to meet everyone, I think this was the
largest in-person gather the proto-guild has had :)

I have offered to be the contact for the EKU class idea,
since i've been asked to do a class on norse wire chains
there anyway.  I'll let you know as soon as I hear
something, and if anyone wants to teach, please let me
know. I beleive it will be held Oct. 1 somewhere in
north/central New Jersey.

This is what I remember from the meeting:

There was a proposal of 5 major groups covered by the
guild:
-Bookbinders
-Limners (is this right?)
-Papermakers
-Printers
-Everyone else (I believe Lyle found a period guild that
also had a catch-all section)

Plenty of guilds have become active long before their
charter was made, and changes to charters can be documented
in period anyway ;)  So there is no reason not to start
tackling projects.

And speaking of projects:

EKU: a class on an easy, 1 day book project. Something that
attendees could have a finished version of to take home. A
very good chance to get word out kingdom-wide about our
guild.

A short term project, possibly done by spring: A book
showing off the talents of all the different sections of
the guild as a gift to the royals. Style of book and
contents to be decided.

Maybe a longer term project also as a gift for the royals,
possibly one of the almanac books (vade mecum). Some ideas
for it were that it could have a page with a map of the
kingdom, and pages with arms and info for each
shire/barony, etc. Maybe with each page made by members of
the guild within each group.

There was also a little discussion of Officers and duties
in the guild, but i'll leave that to others who have that
info at their fingertips.

YIS,
Raffaella