[Ekstationers] Beginnings of this List

Rachael Schechter rschecht at pobox.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 4 16:44:39 CST 2005

Livia Petralia, Barony of Bhakail (Philadelphia, PA)

I lurk around the heralds, too, but my primary interest is in bookbinding.
My artistic endeavors tend to be ones that primarily involve cutting
and pasting.

I have no idea how to evaluate my skill level.  I am still a rank
beginner, but I have learned many advanced skills.  I have been doing some
variety of bookwork (repairing and/or binding) for almost eleven years,
but the learning opportunities have been sporadic.

I would love to learn papermaking, but I have no access to the kind of
space it takes.  And, basically, I'm willing to learn anything.

Yesterday, I hosted a meeting of people interested in bookbinding.  There
were only three people able to show up, but we have scheduled another
meeting (March 10th) at which I plan to teach at least one method of
sewing textblocks.

Thank you so much for putting in the time to start this guild.

 - Livia