[Ekstationers] Beginnings of this List

Rachael Schechter rschecht at pobox.upenn.edu
Sun Feb 6 21:39:59 CST 2005

>_> I plan to teach at least one method of sewing textblocks.
>_Out of curiosity, what method would that be?  I was teaching a
>_class on Ethiopian-style (sometimes mistaken for Coptic) binding
>_up at the Ruantallan EKU in November.

I have experimented a good bit with Carolingian textblocks, so we'll
probably have double cords on the two sewing frames we have and split
leather cord for those who don't have sewing frames... and we can discuss
the difference between the two.

If there is time, I would also love to have coptic bindings as well.
Unfortunately, I have not yet made a single coptic binding.   I know
someone fairly close who I am trying to talk into teaching that or
teaching me so that I can pass it along as well.  I have good
instructions in books as well.  One thing: do you need to start with
binding the covers on or can they be attached later?

 - Livia Petralia
mka Rachael Schechter