[Ekstationers] Beginnings of this List

Heather Gray March.Hare at Verizon.net
Mon Feb 7 12:20:21 CST 2005

> Greetings-
> I'm Aidan ni Leir, recently re-located to the Canton of Steltonwald in
> AEthelmearc, formerly from Ostgardr in the East. [snip interesting list of
book stuffs]

Hi Aidan!

I still use your dot system from time to time, when teaching beginners to do
knotwork :)

Have you seen anything on vade mecums?  One of my interests is in portable
books.  In the books we picked up over the weekend, Lyle read about how some
illiterate people would carry a written around a small prayer as a
talisman/charm (saint's prayer perhaps?), so now I'm curious about whether
that would have been just a small piece of vellum or made up as a small
book -- depends on the length of the prayer too, I suppose.  On vade mecums,
I'm hoping I may have found more information on the science/medical type,
but haven't had time to do more than see that one of the books had photos of
some of the diagrams in it.

-Elwynne