[EKStationers] Intro & Prayer Books/Talismans

Sionnain sionnainr at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 11:50:22 CST 2005

Just a quick intro...

I love all kinds of books, do the whole medieval thing (similar group to SCA) and love paper stuff in almost all of it's various forms. Have not yet attempted any bookbinding etc. and am hoping the list will inspire/motivate me.

I've been to a few antiquarian book fairs over the years and love to touch and feel all of the illuminations I can get my hands on. (In fact, I am hoping/planning on attending the antiquarian book fair in NYC this spring.)

Often sellers will have gotten illuminated books that were in bad repair and will sell single sheets of these ancient artifacts. (Drool inserted here.) I also have seen many tiny little prayer books that were being mentioned in an earlier post, at least I think they are the same thing.

Beautiful stuff. Definitely art.

Best,

Sionnain (pronounced Shannon)