[EKStationers] Szirmai! And period Japanese books

Raffaella raffaella_dvpn at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 04:32:25 CST 2005

I'm so thrilled! My copy of JA Szirmai's book has arrived!
Now I have something fun to do whilst being snowed in today
:)

Just thought I'd also share info about another book - the
first english translation of a book on Japanese bookmaking.
It's "Japanese Book Binding" by Kojiro Ikegami. He is a
master of the old techniques, both creating new books and
restoring antiquities. It's not as detailed on dates as i'd
like, but it does cover all the different styles throughout
the history of bookbinding in Japan. And it has very
detailed and easy to follow instructions for making each
type of book. It also lists info on where you can find
traditional papers and fabrics. Definately worth a look,
the examples of finished pieces are absolutely gorgeous

YIS,
Raffaella (a very happy camper :)