[EKStationers] EK Stationers Company -- opening discussion!

Raffaella raffaella_dvpn at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 17:43:47 CDT 2005

It never fails, as soon as I go on vacation all the
interesting discussions start up *grinz*  Here's my
2cents...

First - will anyone be at War practice next weekend?  Can't
remember if a meeting was posted for then. I'll be
day-tripping saturday, does anyone want to meet up?

So far I'm agreeing with some of the comments - no to
'teachable', yes to term limits, though I'm not sure if
intermediate steps are needed between journeyman and
master.  What would the difference in the 2 journeyman
levels be really?  That should be well defined before
deciding to go ahead with it.

I'd prefer no subscription fees, but setting up regular
fundraisers could be a good thing. Show off our work and
make money for various projects.

Let's stick to only the necessary offices.  Much as I'd
love this to be period correct, extra levels of beaurocracy
are only going to make the guild a pain to run.  Not to
mention confusing for members! Having to know which of
those all-too-many period offices to go to would be
frustrating and could turn people away from being involved.

Had some idea about makers marks, still rolling it around
in my brain ;)  Maybe instead of a badge or token, have
some system that includes -  A guild mark, with room for
your personal mark and rank? Is this period for bookmaking?
Or am I remembering it from somewhere else?  (could be
totally a figment of my imagination, but I thought i saw it
somewhere). We should have a register of members'
makers-marks regardless.

For the moment, how do we set up levels in groups where
we're all pretty new to this? Especially at the teacher
level? I've been asked to pass on what I'm learning at the
bhakail meetings, but I only qualify as apprentice. There
just isn't always someone more qualified around though.
Can we set up judges at major events a few times a year for
review of work, answering questions and handling requests
for advancement? This would help those who don't have
regular access to experienced teachers.

Okay, that's all I can think of for the moment. Hope to see
some of you next weekend!

YIS,
Raffaella di Napoli