[EKStationers] EK Stationers Company -- opening discussion!

Iheronimus Brückner iheronimus at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 23:40:30 CDT 2005

On Jul 15, 2005, at 7:43 PM, Raffaella wrote:

> It never fails, as soon as I go on vacation all the
> interesting discussions start up *grinz*  Here's my
> 2cents...
>
> First - will anyone be at War practice next weekend?

Well, I will, and if Lyle and Elwynne resolve their vehicle
issues, I think they will be too.

> Can't
> remember if a meeting was posted for then. I'll be
> day-tripping saturday, does anyone want to meet up?

Good idea, will make some inquiries into a possible venue.

<snip>

> Had some idea about makers marks, still rolling it around
> in my brain ;)  Maybe instead of a badge or token, have
> some system that includes -  A guild mark, with room for
> your personal mark and rank? Is this period for bookmaking?
> Or am I remembering it from somewhere else?  (could be
> totally a figment of my imagination, but I thought i saw it
> somewhere). We should have a register of members'
> makers-marks regardless.

In period, printers had their own (non-heraldic) devices, some
graphic aspects of which have survived until today.

Well, once we establish the hierarchy, we can vote on Masters
as a Guild.

8)

Good ideas all,

M. Iheronimus