[EKStationers] RE: Bookbinding in Bhakail (and vicinity)

Rachael Schechter rschecht at pobox.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 11 13:53:44 CST 2005

Last night we had a great attendance at the workshop (5 students and 1
amazing teacher).  We were lucky enough to have Lady Elizabeth of
Rivenstar teach us a basic coptic binding.

The class will be extended slightly into the weekend.  She will be at
Games & Galliards tomorrow, merchanging as Rose and Holly
(http://www.roseandhollycustomgarb.com/), and has graciously offered to
teach a relevant headband technique to those who stop by.

The date for next month's workshop has not been set, but it will be in
Pottstown.  Feel free to contact me about coordinating rides from
Philadelphia (whether you are willing to take passengers or need a ride).
The topic will, again, be coptic binding.  The thought is that now that we
have learned the technique, we shall try to make more refined versions.

Feel free to stop by.  We are starting brand new books, and you won't have
missed any stage of the construction.

By next week, I shall post more information about supplies, but you do
want to budget for it (not sure how much yet).

Thank you for participating.

 - Livia Petralia
mka Rachael Schechter