[EKStationers] Embroidered Bookbindings

Kim Jones moreta at adelphia.net
Sun May 15 13:36:56 CDT 2005

Greetings,

 I thought I had received this from your e-list mailing! Here is what I was referring to in my introductory e-mail. Gabrielle is the Athena's Thimble Guild Mistress.

Moreta

Greetings,

This came over another list I'm on---Gabrielle

The British Library has online over 100 pictures of embroidered book bindings
at
http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/bookbindings/results.asp

and you can download a complete copy of the book English Embroidered
Bookbindings by Cyril Davenport at
http://posner.library.cmu.edu/Posner/books/book.cgi?call=655.7_D24E

A lot of the photos in the British Library collection are covered in the
Davenport book which are black and white plates with a few watercolor plates drawn
by Davenport, so it is nice to have both.