[EKStationers] Print shop open house - Dec. 3 -- Follow-up

Heather Gray March.Hare at Verizon.net
Mon Dec 4 13:41:26 CST 2006

Lyle set up the form of text Saturday evening, with some help from me.
Good thing too,  as some unexpected things came up Sunday morning, like our
handyman/carpenter Scott the Renoferret showing up to finish up some outside
work on the garage. So we now have the second ext. light fixture up, the
weathervane, last bit of gutter, gutter covers, and he also fixed a down
pipe on the uphill side of the house that's been giving us trouble.

The 'house' warming went well. Eight people, including the Renoferret and
his lady Laura F and our two uphill neighbors JJ and Heidi. Looks like some
folks might come back to try things out more and/or just hang out and chat -
it's all good.

Everyone who wanted to go to try their hand at printing on the proof press
got to, and got to bring home a print of their own. SCAdians got to meet
non-SCAdians, which I think is also good -- whether or not the non-SCAdians
are interested in joining the SCA, we're all one community.

If you'd like to see a pic of what we printed, look here:
http://fitzw.livejournal.com/

We'll be adding a couple more lines in smaller type, but felt this was a
good start.

We used some recycled card stock I happen to have and didn't dampen the
paper first like you're supposed to, but still got some decent prints. One
will be going to John Barrett, the owner of Letterpress Things in Chicopee.
The big letter E we used is from font we bought at Letterpress Things on
Saturday, just the day before the open house.  He collects prints from first
jobs, and considering what a great help he's been to us and the printing
community at large, we're happy to oblige.

We're planning on including some in the EK 12th Night presentation. I'd like
to put in something more serious and/or period as well. Any ideas on what we
should set up to print next?  Iheronimus, any chance you'll have something
printed by then? Or for the Spring Coronation presentation maybe?

Elwynne
Clerk

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
                                                         - Mahatma Ghandi