[EKStationers] wood for woodcut blocks

Heather Gray March.Hare at Verizon.net
Thu May 11 13:01:16 CDT 2006

https://www.hearnehardwoods.com/index.html

This is a lumber store, not specifically focused on wood carving types of woods, but they import from around the world (located in Oxford, PA).

They have various sizes and types of wood, not always in stock, but one can always inquire as to when they'll be getting something in.  I've placed an order for a couple of pieces of pear wood.  Looked to be decent pieces -- cost less than woodblocks.net, but then again, those would be finished pieces, whereas I'll have to cut the wood I've order to the desired size, sand them, etc.  Still, they have some interesting stuff there... could be good source for boards for binding, making boxes, etc.

Elwynne

Heather Gray

Wishing you love, peace, sunscreen and big hats