[EKStationers] 3 Possible Projects

Heather Gray March.Hare at Verizon.net
Fri Sep 8 19:18:37 CDT 2006

Greetings from your Clerk!

Three possible projects in the next year, for those who are interested.

1. A presentation of goods made by the members of the company to their
majesties, for EK 12th Night.

2. A presentation of goods made by the members of the company to their
majesties, for Spring Coronation.  (This way we get both sets of royalty,
and have time to make things between now and then)

3. Next year Quintavia, in partnership with Carolingia and Bergental, will
be hosting an event called Crossroads at Canterbury, inspired by Chaucer
(mid to late 14th c.).  People attending are not required to wear 14th
century clothing, although I expect many of the central 'players' will be
dressing this way.  People/pilgrims came from many places to Canterbury, so
different dress will simply be assumed to not be local :)    There will be a
tourney yard, entertainments, a marketplace, tavern, etc.  The folks running
this are looking for people to do demos or merchant, but preferably as much
in-persona as possible.  Lyle and I have merchanted before, so we're going
to be working on a booth or booths for printed goods and books (probably
mostly blank ones).  However Lyle and I might also need to leave the booth
at least once during the day to help provide entertainment, and I wondered
if perhaps other members of the company might be interested in participating
in said booth(s)?  You could bring things of your own to sell, and/or come
and sit and do printing, woodcut carving, quill-cutting, bookbinding, etc.
This is a great opportunity to get out there and be visible doing what we
love to do, and possibly connect with some new folks.

It would marvelous if we could sell stationary supplies too, like paper,
ink, quills, etc. -- Robert? Any chance of that?

This event will be held September 14-16, 2007. Yes, this may seem like a
long way away, but given how long I expect it to take me to make some
woodcuts to print.... I for one will probably be working away at it next
summer :)

More information on the event may be found at:
http://www.latourdulac.com/canterbury/index.html

In service,
Elwynne

Heather Gray

Wishing you love, peace, sunscreen and big hats