[EKStationers] Using Crane's paper

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Mon Mar 5 13:20:10 CST 2007

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Lyle H. Gray wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, mandy poirier wrote:
>
> > Would you know if there is a common size for the watermarks
> > in/of the laid paper used during our period?
>
> I'll have check my history of papermaking text, to see if
> there's any comment on that.

I'm using "Papermaking", by Dard Hunter, a Dover reprint.  He has
a full chapter on watermarks, but I can't find any information
about the typical dimensions (or any dimensions at all).  There
are images of some full moulds with watermarks, but the
dimensions of the moulds aren't given in those figures.

Lyle

--
Lyle H. Gray
gray at cs.umass.edu -- text only, please