[EKStationers] Re: that paper thread

mandy poirier nitty_kitty at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:56:02 CST 2007

Sorry, tried to reply but was on a deleting binge lol

Anyhow, thanks for the info on the laid paper, reason I asked is that if the watermarks are common in period printed books, it may
require me to do some equipment crafting. Basically, I know little to diddly about bookbinding but am interested in the paper because
playing cards were sometimes printed on the same paper that was used in books. I imagine that these cards were not much good for
anything beyond show, but there they are! Seems like there was not much by way of standards until French suits took over (which may
have been more popular since most paintings depict people using these) but overall, they come on different papers, shapes, sizes and suits.
Can you tell I like playing cards a little *smiles*

Griet