[EKStationers] from Elise in Ruantallan

Corinne Lewandowski corinne.lewandowski at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:22:18 CDT 2007

Greetings, all!

I just wanted to post a little update of stationer like things happening up
in the Barony of Ruantallan.

Donal aka Wart (aka Mike), who now lives in Ynys Y Gawed (PEI) did a lovely
book as a prize for the A&S competition held at the Northern Shores Fencing
Tournament this spring. I told him I personally love it when people make the
effort to make period prizes that are small and memorable rather than "yet
another pair of generic candle holders".

We now have about 4 to 6 scribes actively doing scrolls for the Canton of
Seashire, Barony of Ruantallan and Kingdom on a regular basis. Margaret,
Gavlinne, Elena, Isa, Adele, Silieas and myself do scrolls. With the
exception of Isa, all of us do both calligraphy and illumination.

This summer we are holding a War Camp which will be an RP and Investiture.
Most of us have at least 2 scrolls to do for this event (at the end of
June). I'll be working on, likely, a new "squashed bug scroll." I recently
did a rune scroll which I researched quite a bit and found the hand far more
challenging that I expected.

It's tougher to do scrolls for summer RPs for us, particularly when we had a
brutally long, cold winter this year. We all want to be running out in our
gardens ; ) (and shooting and fighting melees).

Mutterings. Okay loud ideas mentioned by Varenko and others are talking of
making a group project of building a small press.

Some other ideas planned for the fall include some paper based projects. I
keep voting for the press!

Other than that, we all wish we had more time for projects.

Ta

Elise