[EKStationers] Ekstationers Digest, Vol 36, Issue 3

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Mon Mar 31 12:41:52 CDT 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Corinne Lewandowski wrote:

> One of the tiny problems I have encountered (as does Donnal)
> is the accessibility of bookbinding linen. NSCAD, the local
> art university, does sell some bookbinding supplies, but only
> sells the linen thread by the meter (about .75 to $1/meter).
> Donnal has been using the weavers grade of fine linen for
> making his books because of the cost.

I remember discussing this with people when I was up in
Ruantallan teaching.

Have either of you checked out the resource list on the CBBAG
website (http://www.cbbag.ca/Resource.html)?  Perhaps there is
something there that would help you.

Barring that, the weaver's linen should be fine.  I tend to use
an 18/3 or 20/3 Irish linen thread, without worrying quite so
much about whether it is listed as "bookbinder's" thread or not.

Lyle

--
Lyle H. Gray
gray at cs.umass.edu -- text only, please