[EKStationers] Ekstationers Digest, Vol 36, Issue 3

Heather Gray march.hare at verizon.net
Mon Mar 31 17:04:19 CDT 2008

> >Hmmm. The skins and such sound very interesting. I have a local music
shop
> >that does repairs and sells a lot of drums. I'll see if I can get some
> >there. What kind of prep work do the skins need?
>
> You can get Drumskins in various weights from Tandy Leather Crafts.
> I covered my Bodhran with skin I got online form Tandy, and the quality
and uniformity was very good.
> As good as that which I got from a professional, though a _bit_ thicker. I
am sure that it varies.

> Capt Elias
> Dragonship Haven, East

Yup, and ours are from Leather Unlimited.  But I've seen them other places
online too.  Basically, do a search for rawhide and drumskin and you'll get
a hit.

All the drumskins at one shop we went to were synthetic, another had some
because they carried doumbeks, so brick stores vary on inventory.

Elwynne