[Sca-librarians] Google scanning and posting items from major libraries?

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Dec 14 19:08:27 CST 2004

This may have made the front page of the NYT and the Detroit papers,
but it wasn't page one news in the local Ann Arbor papers.
Copyright for in-print material (like the text-books) are what the
questions are going to come down about.
We do think it may kill off much of UMI/ProQuest if it goes.

I am waiting on all the official stuff to come home from campus.

Johnnae