[Sca-librarians] WorldCat

SNSpies at aol.com SNSpies at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 10:23:18 CDT 2004

Can you type in a search example of the inverted commas, please, and a
book title you found this way?  Does the result float to the top in google?

For example, "Italy, Sicily, and the Mediterranean" came up with it being
held in three academic libraries in Maryland, two in DC, one in Delaware, one in
PA, etc.

On the Google results list, it did not come up as the first entry: it was
listed as "Fine In A Library" followed by the title.

An interesting side item is that I've only had to type in my area code (which
is how the software locates the libraries closes to you) once; it seems to
"remember" it every time I return.

Do try it yourself.  It's wonderful, and it will save my local librarians
lots of time.

Nancy

Nancy Spies
Arelate Studio
www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html
Ingvild Josefsdatter, OL
Bright Hills, Atlantia

"This effervescence that you observe in me is intellectual carbonisation.
Spiritual rejoicing. An entirely cerebral scintillation."
Josephine Tey, "Daughter of Time"