[Sca-librarians] WorldCat

Lisa Tyson Lisa_Tyson at umit.maine.edu
Wed Jul 21 10:52:40 CDT 2004

Ok... I got there...

I used your title in quotes and it got me to the Find A Library listings.
That took me to this link
http://worldcatlibraries.org/wcpa/ow/38205b08efdf5742a19afeb4da09e526.html
where I typed in my zip code and did find listings for
my Maine libraries. It also let me into FirstSearch.

I will have to test this at home. I'm not sure if it will work because
I'm at a University library where FristSearch might be recognizing
my computers IP address as a valid user anyways (because
I'm on campus right now).

http://www.oclc.org/worldcat/pilot/

It's apparently still an experiemental database. The only thing
I don't like about going to the above pilot link on oclc is that
once you are there you cannot enter another url to go to.
Grrr!!!! (Does anyone know how to work around this aside from
closing the browser window or opening a new one?)

Otherwise.. cool!

Bryn Millar