[Sca-librarians] exchange rate history

M C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Thu Oct 28 10:45:44 CDT 2004

Greetings most knowledgeable Librarians,

I am usually pretty good at hunting down the information I need, but in
this particular case I am coming up mostly empty.
I have been asked to find what the exchange rate was for  the German
Mark (aka Deutsche Mark and in the first case probably Reichs Marks) to
US Dollars in 3 specific years.
I was able to find the information for 1997 (1.7341...) but not for
either 1945 nor 1948, the other 2 years I was asked to find.
I had assumed somewhere there would be a chart or table by year, but Im
too blonde to find it.  Can any of you help??

In Service and surrender,
Gwen Cat