[Sca-librarians] "Art Bulletin"

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 14 10:47:46 CDT 2004

If you suspect that something is held by a university library, the
easiest way
to access the information is go directly to the university's home page
and then
go to the library's page and then search that catalogue directly. I did
the search
on the University of Maryland's catalogue from home in about 2 minutes.
The problem
with searching runs of serials is knocking out the extra stuff, so you
get to the title
you want quickly. In this case, "art bulletin" pulled up 500 plus
entries, but if you
told it to reaarange the list by title in alphabetical order, it was two
screens in.
In many instances, you can tell the system that you want to search for
just serial
publications, which can make these searches go faster.

Johnnae