[Sca-librarians] meeting at War?

Sally Burnell sburnell at raex.com
Thu Aug 25 00:10:05 CDT 2005

> Did the Librarians meet at the War this year?

Yes, apparently they did, because I ran into one of them in the marketplace who told me when and where, which I believe was a week ago tonight (Wednesday). Unfortunately, I didn't make it because that was both Midnight Madness night AND our Household "Family Night" dinner and annual meeting where members are inducted, recognised and those who couldn't be with us are remembered and thought of.

For my own part, I was busy having a bit of an emotional meltdown, due to nearly two weeks of exposure to heat combined with physical and mental exhaustion. It seems to happen annually close to the end of War, except last year, when we were too busy bailing out water from the torrential rains that fell as a result of Hurricane Charley paying an untimely visit the last few days of War.

Fortunately, one of my Squire brothers was there to comfort me, hold me and let me cry on his shoulder and get it all out of my system. I felt cleansed, cathartic and much better after having a good long cry in his pavilion. I'd already spent three days on the battlefield by that point and was totally spent and had two more to go before War would be over. Even with as much fluids as I was consuming and good solid food (lots of meat, potatoes and veggies) I was eating, I wasn't getting the sleep I required from too many overly warm nights that made my tent feel stuffy and uncomfortable.

I now have a battery powered fan that will keep it much cooler next year if we have another scorcher. And anyway, our campmaster is talking about buying up some good small canvas wall tents that we who still camp in nylon could rent and not have to store and transport ourselves as they'd be stored in our camp trailer, so I wouldn't have to concern myself as to where I could store it (I live in a tiny apartment the size of a small shoebox) and how I could transport it (I drive my entire two weeks of Pennsic gear to Cooper's Lake in an ancient tiny VW Golf).

~Saradwen
"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of crisis, remain neutral." - Edmund Burke