[Sca-librarians] Re: Efficacy of Small Local Libraries

Solveig Throndardottir nostrand at acm.org
Mon Dec 12 16:44:05 CST 2005

Noble Librarians!

Greetings from Solveig!
On 2005 Dec 10, at 5:58 PM, Fiadnata wrote:
> Walking into any library -- even a small public library -- with the
> information I give you below, they should be able to ILL any of these.
au contraire, I just did precisely that. I called them on the phone and
asked if I could do interlibrary loan through them, they said yes, but
I needed to sign up for a library card. So I went in with my list of
OCLC numbers and after receiving my library card was told that they
were only capable of borrowing books from nearby local libraries. So, I
have a new shiny library card, but still have to make overnight trips
to go to libraries which have the books I need in their collections,
And, people wonder why I insist on buying and keeping around so many
books!

									Your Humble Servant
									Solveig Throndardottir
									Amateur Scholar

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.	| Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS, Fleur  |
| deMoivre Institute		| Carolingia Statis Mentis Est             |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org	| mailto:Solveig at deMoivre.org              |
| the trash by my email filters.                                       |