[Sca-librarians] RE: SCA and job interviews

Jane Lowry emilielise at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 09:02:47 CST 2005

I have included it in the past in my "other interests" catagory, but I
agree; if you can't really justify it, don't put it on. I have justified it
in interviews because I've run several demos very successfully at past jobs,
and once I mention the demos, I end up having to explain the SCA etc. etc.
Also, since my area of collection development includes history, I like to
point out that even my hobbies relate to history, and research. But don't
put it on just to "fish" for fellow SCAers. However, if you are interviewing
somewhere and you don't know much about the city you are interviewing in, I
certainly would use my SCA contacts to learn as much I could about the city,
and the library I was interviewing in, 'cause you can be certain the SCAers
would know the library!
Good luck!
Lady Aemiliana Grimkellsdottir,
MoAS Canton of Brackendelve, Barony of Roaring Wastes,
MKA
Jane Lowry,
Reference Librarian, William P. Faust Public Library of Westland, Westland,
MI.