[Sca-librarians] Advice requested for SCA book author

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 18:28:17 CST 2005

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but I bought the
book and enjoyed it. I was a bit surprised at the number of folks
interviewed in the book I actually knew. I don't have the expertise nor
the time to write a good review of the book. However, if anyone has or
if there is a message thread in any list about the book, I would be
willing to add it to the Florilegium along with the contact info needed
for someone to obtain the book.

Stefan

On Mar 9, 2005, at 12:39 PM, POdonn5592 at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings. I am the author of a new book about the SCA, The Knights
> Next Door: Everyday People Living Middle Ages Dreams. I am hoping that
> many libraries will carry the book, particularly since the SCA has a
> large crowd of low-budget participants. However, because I
> self-published through a print-on-demand company, the library
> publications I have found will not consider it for review.
>
> Can any of you suggest ways to bring this book to the attention of the
> others in your field.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick O'Donnell/Mael Patraic macDomnaill
> Author of The Knights Next Door
> www.knightsnextdoor.com
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas