[Sca-librarians] Knights Next Door discussion cont.

POdonn5592 at aol.com POdonn5592 at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 13:48:39 CST 2005

Thanks for all your comments. The general impression that I'm getting is that is that even someone on a library staff needs significant evidence to prove the book is needed and that reviews help make that case.

So, with that in mind, which publications carry the most weight to your library?

As for book signings, I did one At Estrella and will be doing one at Gulf Wars next week. Will be selling and signing at Midrealm coronation in April and likely at Baron Wars and Aethelmarc War Practice in May.

Again, thanks for the help. Though I worked as a student in the rare books room of the U. Penn library, I never followed how new books were purchased. I'm learning a lot as I go.

- Patrick/Mael Patraic