[Sca-librarians] A question as regards libraries in general

Sally Burnell sburnell at raex.com
Fri Mar 11 12:48:18 CST 2005

> Hey Saradwen,
>
> Did they try investigating just how the contract issues got
sticky?  :-)
> Were there any crumbs?

Yeah, see, what Sodexho wanted out of us is a $180,000 "guarantee"
payment; in other words, before they'd set up shop running a café in
our library, they wanted us to pay that sum up front as a guarantee
that they wouldn't lose their shirts running such an etablishment in a
library, and the library, already having spent $7 million over the
original projected cost of the Main Library, is short of that kind of
cash to pay such a sum, so....therein lay the dilemma.

So I guess they've been in contract negotiations ever since that first
demand of "guaraantee" money.

Sounds like blackmail to me....   :-\

~Saradwen