[Sca-librarians] Archiving maps

Buckner, Anne Anne.Buckner at eu.dodea.edu
Fri Mar 17 07:56:17 CST 2006

 I have managed to locate 3 maps from the ordinance survey of UK, one
complete set or Roman Britain (north & south) and one of   (on lay away at
stor at present -- so can't remember)

Maps are on linen and in color   booklets are not acid free so starting to
come apart.

I want to save as best I can, current plan is to scan pages so I can have
printouts.  Will purchase archival materials to repair protect, but want to
get the best products I can for the job.

I know highsmigh sells archival envelopes etc.

Any reccommendations out there?