[Sca-librarians] miko question

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Apr 13 14:47:27 CDT 2007

*
<http://www.oxfordreference.com.proxy.lib.umich.edu/views/ENTRY.html?entry=t101.e4775&srn=1&ssid=824620087#FIRSTHIT>*

MIKO as in Women in Shinto who are dedicated to the service of the kami .

See below for some articles    Johnna

Bibliography of Asian Studies lists
*Author*: Bouterey, Susan
*Title*: Journeys into the underworld: dream, illusion and fantasy in
Shono Yoriko's fiction [Taiyo no miko (Shaman of the Sun) and Ise-shi,
Haruchi]
*Citation*: Japanese Studies (Abingdon, Oxon, England) 21, no.2 (Sep
2001) 165-179
*ISSN*: 1037-1397
*Subjects*: 	  Japan -- Literature -- Fiction -- Studies & Criticism
<http://ets.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?type=boolean;subtype=subject;c=bas;cc=bas;country=Japan;q1=Literature;q2=Fiction;q3=Studies%20%26%20Criticism>

*ID*: 94900

<javascript:popupBBagWindow('http://ets.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?c=bas;cc=bas;sid=d55c83cdb0df15f5d2e1af6e41209c70;bbidno=94900;bbc=bas;fmt=short;bbaction=add',
false)>
2  	*Author*: Kawamura, Kunimitsu; Knecht, Peter, tr.
*Title*: A female shaman's mind and body, and possession
*Citation*: Asian Folklore Studies (Nagoya) 62, no.2 (2003) 257-289
*ISSN*: 0385-2342
*Keywords*: medium (miko); spirit possession; possession career;
shamanism; altered states of consciousness
*Subjects*: 	  Japan -- Philosophy & Religion -- Folk Religion
<http://ets.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?type=boolean;subtype=subject;c=bas;cc=bas;country=Japan;q1=Philosophy%20%26%20Religion;q2=Folk%20Religion>
  Japan -- Anthropology & Sociology -- Women
<http://ets.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?type=boolean;subtype=subject;c=bas;cc=bas;country=Japan;q1=Anthropology%20%26%20Sociology;q2=Women>

*ID*: 294581

3  	*Author*: Matsubara, Hiroshi
*Title*: Women who serve the gods [miko of Shinto]
*Citation*: East (Tokyo) 12, no.9-10 (Oct 1976) 12-19
*ISSN*: 0012-8295
*Subjects*: 	  Japan -- Anthropology & Sociology -- Women
<http://ets.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?type=boolean;subtype=subject;c=bas;cc=bas;country=Japan;q1=Anthropology%20%26%20Sociology;q2=Women>

*ID*: 382966

<javascript:popupBBagWindow('http://ets.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?c=bas;cc=bas;sid=d55c83cdb0df15f5d2e1af6e41209c70;bbidno=382966;bbc=bas;fmt=short;bbaction=add',
false)>
4  	*Author*: Sekimori, Gaynor
*Title*: Female yamabushi: the Akinomine of Dewa Sanzan jinja and miko
shugyo
*Citation*: Transactions of the International Conference of Orientalists
in Japan (Tokyo) no.39 (1994) 142
*ISSN*: 0538-6012