[Sca-librarians] Fwd: [Carolingia] Are we REALLY a scholarly barony?

Nancy Shapiro tiggyn at alum.wellesley.edu
Thu Aug 16 23:16:49 CDT 2007

See message below, what do you think?

Maybe I'm just being picky because I've got Pennsic withdrawal or something
but here goes:
First the title - this is not 'Things every medievalist should know', this
is 'Subjects that a (presumably) well-rounded medievalist should have some
basic acquaintance with; and references to those subjects that are of course
sufficiently familiar to everybody that no more that the author is required
in most cases and if you aren't that level of knowledgable AND you only read
English well you are just one of the great unwashed and might as well go
away and stop taking up the rareified air around here.'

Second - that's not the use of taxonomy that I'm familiar with, but I freely
admit that's a term that has appeared since my student days, and seems to
cover a lot of ground.

Ki-lin
Librarian has-been without actually having been anything.  In college it's
called Liberal Arts.
"You want flies wit dat?" Umberto Gecko