[Sca-librarians] List

Vandy Tune trimarianlibrarian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:22:20 CDT 2007

Marian,

You are not an ignoramus.  I agree with the list's creator, it is heavily
German biased.  Unless you are into all things German...
I would not call this list authoritative after a second glance.  For
example, there are a number of Italian musicians missing from no. 3,
including the creator of music notation.  I find some of the other
categories weak as well.
I would also be wary of any list created without the knowledge of its
criteria.  The author does note that it is his personal thoughts on his
exposure to these works.  Further, I agree with you that the taxonomy is
rather a stream of consciousness than a true system, which supports his
statement.

YIS,

Franca Donato
Kingdom Librarian of Trimaris