[Sca-librarians] Pennsic Meeting

Nancy Shapiro tiggyn at alum.wellesley.edu
Wed Jul 18 23:56:05 CDT 2007

'If you feed them, they will come."
Truthfully, back when I worked in a public library, I had a new director ask
me if I had any suggestions for getting off on the right foot with her new
staff.  I told her (only partially in jest) that feeding us was a good
start, and that she only had to cover four of the five food groups - sugar,
caffeine, salt and grease.  (For those who are wondering, the fifth is
Alcohol, which is a bad idea at work.  Not that a number of us couldn't have
used it after she'd been there for a while.)
Feeding your librarians is a lovely way to celebrate Nat'l Library Week,
too.  My cousin, out in Madison, WI brings a double-layer Velvet Midnight
chocolate cake to his local library for the staff every year.

You might also bring a couple of medievally-themed books to the meeting to
recommend or share, so Jadwiga can add them to the incipient site booklist.
(BTW, whatever happened to the pictures that were taken of us and our books
last year or the year before?)

It looks like, barring serious developments on the job front (ie. somebody
offers me one), I will see you folks at the War.

Ki-lin, scruffy-looking bookpusher
Camping with McGuire's Marauders on N06, next to Ansteorra