[Sca-librarians] Pennsic Meeting

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 01:13:18 CDT 2007

On Jul 18, 2007, at 11:56 PM, Nancy Shapiro wrote:

> It looks like, barring serious developments on the job front (ie.
> somebody offers me one), I will see you folks at the War.

Yep. I got laid off on June 14th. Before then I was concerned about
how long I could stay at Pennsic because of only having two weeks of
vacation left, and not really wanting to use it all up at Pennsic.
After I got laid off, I no longer had to worry about having limited
vacation.  It became a matter of if i got a job, should I really take
off one or two weeks right after starting.  Or if still unemployed
would I have the money to afford flying to Pennsic and the cost of
Pennsic itself.

Well, no job yet but a few possibilities. Much better job market than
it was last summer and fall or the spring before that, the last two
times I got laid off.  So after debating the matter back and forth
the last few weeks, I went ahead and made my airline reservations
tonight.  You have to cancel any Pennsic reservations by tomorrow
(July 20) in order to get any money back. Hopefully if I do get a job
offer I can negotiate around Pennsic or starting after Pennsic.

So, best of luck on the job front, Ki-lin and hopefully I'll see you
and everyone else at the SCA-Librarian's meeting. I've saved the
initial message in my 'things-to-do' at Pennsic file.

Lots of interesting classes on the Pennsic class schedule.

> Ki-lin, scruffy-looking bookpusher
> Camping with McGuire's Marauders on N06, next to Ansteorra

Oooh. Up on the hot Serrengetti.  Anyone know how the weather has
been in the Pittsburg area? Down here in Austin, Texas it's been
cooler than normal for the summer, but also much, much wetter.

Stefan
An electronics engineer, not a librarian, but I did create and I do
manage the Florilegium.
Camping with SPCA, within feet of the lake in section W10, across
from the tip of the peninsula.

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com